Discover the best tricks of the Xiaomi Smart Band 7, with which you can make the most of all its features.
less than a month ago Xiaomi presented its new smart bracelet in company, a Xiaomi Smart Band 7 which we were able to analyze in depth and which is distinguished by new functions such as a larger screen with the “Always On Display” modea greater variety of sports modes and more accurate measurement of heart rate, blood oxygen level and sleep quality.
If you have the new Xiaomi quantization wristband and you want to get the most out of it, keep reading because then we are going to reveal the best tricks for the Xiaomi Smart Band 7based on a video recently published by our colleagues at Urban Tecno, which we leave you below.
Turn a normal alarm into a smart alarm
With the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 you can set various alarms to, for example, wake you up in the morning or get up from your nap after lunch, but what you might not know is that you can turn those normal alarms into smart alarms. This way, the bracelet itself will analyze your sleep cycles and automatically set the alarm so that rings 10 minutes before or after the time you specified.
To make an alarm smart you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Access the option Setting of your Band 7
- Click on the option Alarm
- Click the edit icon which appears at the top
- Select the alarm you want to make smart
- Click on the last button of this menu entitled Alarm
- Activate the switch that appears at the top
Save battery with “Always On Display” mode enabled
One of the novelties of the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 is that it has the “Always On Display” mode, through which the screen will always be on and show you both the time and date. But having this mode enabled results in more battery consumption and for this reason we are here to tell you some simple tricks to reduce consumption when you have activated the “Always On Display” mode:
- Choose a small hour dial that does not contain much information so that when the “Always On Display” mode is activated, the silhouette simply remains and spend as few pixels as possible
- Disable the lift-to-activate functionbecause in this way you will always have the screen on and it will consume less than if it turned on every time you turn your wrist
Customize notification vibration
Another very useful trick for the Mi Band 7 is that you can customize the vibration of each notification, so that when you receive a warning you will already know what type it is. To customize the notification vibration You just need to perform a few simple actions:
- Log in to the Mi Fitness app
- Enter the tab Device
- Scroll down and tap the option Vibration
- Select the type of notification you want to customize
- Click on the button To add
- Repeatedly tap the screen to create a vibration pattern
- Once the pattern is created, click Having
- Click on the button OKAY and name the custom mood you just created
- Finally go back and select this new vibe for the type of review you want
Activate power saving mode
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 also has a power saving mode and when activated the bracelet it will only record steps and basic sleep information in order to extend its autonomy. For enable power saving mode on your Mi Band 7 you just need to perform the following steps:
- Navigate your Band 7’s menu and enter the option Setting
- Scroll down and go to the section battery saving mode
- Enable the switch that appears at the top of this section
Once done, you will see that the sphere is automatically changed to a more minimalist sphere with a black background that shows you remaining battery, time, date and steps. Finally, if you want to disable this battery saving mode, you just have to do a long press on the Smart Band 7 screen.
Control the music while you exercise
One of the novelties of the Mi Band 7 is that it has a more advanced multitasking and thanks to it you will be able, for example, pause playback or change songs without exiting the workout mode of the exercise you’re doingbecause with a simple swipe you can access music playback controls.
Add weather for more cities
You can configure the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 to show you the weather in different cities and, thus, depending on the city you are in, you can check the weather forecast for each of them.
To do this, the first thing you need to do is enter the My Fitness app and perform the following actions:
- Go to tab Device
- Enter option Time
- Find the city or cities you want the Mi Band 7 to show you and add them
Once done, all you have to do is tap on the weather widget on your Smart Band 7, enter the option change city and select one of the cities you previously added.
Customize your spheres
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 has a large number of spheres, but what you might not know is that many of them you can customize them to show you the information that matters most to you, such as heart rate, steps, calories consumed or the remaining battery of the bracelet.
So, to customize a sphere, just follow a few simple steps:
- Long press on the sphere you want to customize
- Click the gear icon which appears below
- Click on each of the highlighted widgets and you will see all the options available in each of them
- Finally, make a slide and click on the confirmation button for the changes to be saved
Put the photo you want as wallpaper
Not only can you customize the information that appears on a watch face, but you can also put the photo you want as wallpaper. To do this, simply perform the following actions:
- Enter the My Fitness app
- Go to section wristband screens
- Click on the tab On line
- Select one of the spheres that have the title album dial
- Click on the option custom picture
- Choose the part of the photo you want to display and click the button Continue
- Finally click on the button Apply for the changes to be saved
Adjust screen display time
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 also lets you adjust the screen lighting time to increase its autonomy And for that, you just need to follow these simple steps:
- Enter option Setting
- Go to section Filter
- Click on the button Time screen
- Select one of the available options, including the range between 5 and 15 seconds
Make the band automatically detect your workouts
Another of the best tricks of the Mi Band 7 is that you can configure the bracelet so that automatically detects your workouts and, this way, you no longer need to activate them manually.
Why Smart Band 7 automatically detects your workouts you just need to perform the following actions:
- Access the option Setting in you Band 7
- Enter the section formation detection
- Select the type of sports practice you want it to detect automatically, being able to activate 4 sports modes:
- To run
- Click on the validation button for the changes to be saved
Activate night mode
The Xiaomi Smart Band 7 also has a night mode with which you will prevent the brightness of the bracelet from bothering you at nightbecause what this mode does is lower the intensity of the brightness level of the bracelet.
To activate night mode on the Mi Band 7 You just have to follow these simple steps:
- Open the Mi Fitness app
- Enter the tab Device
- Click on the heading night mode
- From there you can activate, deactivate or program it to activate at the times you indicate
Find your Smart Band 7 with the Mi Fitness app
The Mi Fitness app has a function that allows you to find the Mi Band 7 if you lost it at home and you don’t know where it is. Thus, to find your bracelet you just have to access the tab Deviceclick on the option find a device and immediately the Smart Band 7 it will vibrate for a few seconds with a fairly loud sound so you can locate it.
Get more spheres for your Xiaomi Smart Band 7
Although the Xiaomi Smart Band 7 brings a good amount of spheres, you may not like any of them and find none that completely convinces you, but this it has a simple solution with a third-party app called Mi Band 7 Watch Faces.
Mi Band 7 Watch Faces is a completely free application with which you can access a very large catalog of spheres for your Band 7 and install them directly on your bracelet. To do this, you just need to follow a few simple steps:
- Open the Mi Band 7 Watch Faces app on your Android mobile
- Select the watch face you want to install on your Band 7
- Click the download icon which appears at the bottom of the application
- Click on the button Using My Fitness (Xiaomi Wear) and immediately the selected bracelet will begin to be installed on your Band 7