Sleep is a vital part of being human, it keeps us active and energized the next day, it is easier to concentrate and learn, it also plays an important role in eliminating toxins that accumulate during the day. For this reason, it is important to get quality sleep and get enough rest.
The dream it is a process of relative absence of motor and sensory activity of an organism, during this period the brain maintains specific brain waves and neural activity, that is, it processes information acquired. There are two types of sleep; rapid eye movement (REM) sleep and non-REM sleep.
In general, it is of great importance for health, as it allows the body to rest, affects metabolism and immune function. As a result, greater energy and performance are obtained to complete daily tasks, mood remains positive, and the risk of suffering from diseases and disorders such as depression, high blood pressure, diabetes and obesity is reduced. .
A study of National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke (NIH) I specify that sleep needs are different for each person, they change with age, for example, a baby should sleep twice as many hours as an adult in order to stimulate brain growth and development.
Although there is no fixed number of hours of sleep, it is estimated that an adult person should sleep an average of 7 to 9 hours, however, these needs change after the age of 60, as the sleep pattern tends to be shorter and interrupted due to medications or environmental factors. It must be said that these are not the same requirements of an adult person who works more hours or who performs activities most of the day.
RECOMMENDED HOURS OF SLEEP
YOU DRINK; 16 to 18 hours of sleep per day.
CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS; 9.5 hours of sleep per night.
ADULTS; 7 to 9 hours of sleep per night.
SLEEP GOOD FOR THE NIGHT
At present, sleep-related problems are on the increase, there are several factors that prevent you from having a restful sleep.
According to the article published in Forbes you can fall asleep with the help of nature, there are certain herbs and medicinal plants that have sedative and calming properties that act on the human body.
In order to achieve deep sleep, relax the body and restore energy, you can turn to infusions, that is, drinks obtained from herbs, plants and fruits.
How to prepare an infusion? You must first heat the water without reaching the boiling point, then add one of the following plants and leave to stand for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Chamomile; It acts as a natural sedative, relaxes, reduces stress and improves digestion.
- lemon balm; It acts as a calming agent, it is useful for falling asleep as it relaxes the nervous system and eliminates stress. It is not recommended for pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Interrogate; It acts as a sedative and anti-inflammatory, reduces stress and relaxes the mind and body.
- Valerian; It acts as a natural anxiolytic, it is a great help to relax and avoid intermittent sleep and even insomnia. It is not recommended for pregnant women and people with liver disease.
- Tila; It acts as a natural sedative, induces relaxation, calms nerves, treats stress, reduces tension and fights stomach problems. It is recommended for people suffering from anxiety, on the contrary, people suffering from hypotension should not drink this infusion.
Finally, it should be mentioned that it is necessary to avoid concentrated infusions and to pay attention to the quantities, it is recommended to drink one or two cups before going to sleep. Likewise, it is advisable to consult your doctor if you suffer from regular sleep disorders, are under medication or suffer from any chronic illness.
Sharing science, sharing knowledge.