The ace Perseids they are one of the most special meteor showers of the summer and even of the whole year.
Popularly known as Tears of Saint Laurentthey are a real visual spectacle whether or not one is an amateur of astronomy.
If you don’t want to miss this star rainwe tell you here when, how and where to see the Perseids in Navarre. You dare?
- What day is the best to see the Perseid meteor shower?
- Where to see the Perseids in Navarre
- What is the origin of the Perseids
- Five tips for seeing the Perseid meteor shower
What day is the best to see the Perseid meteor shower?
Although the Perseids are visible between July 17 and August 24, the best day see the rain of stars will be the night of August 12 to 13.
It is one of astronomical phenomena most important and its popular denomination of Tears of Saint Laurent responds to the proximity of the feast of the Spanish martyr.
However, this year the National Geographic Institute (IGN) reveals that this will be a bad year to see the Perseids.
This is due to the chance of the maximum activity day with the full moon phase.
Where to see the Perseids in Navarre
Between the keys to see the Perseids places that have no light pollution and no obstructions in sight stand out.
In addition to Lerinprimer Pueblo Starlight From Spain to Navarre there are many perfect places to view the Perseid meteor shower.
The Pamplona Planetarium organizes various activities focused on this astronomical phenomenon, which makes it a good option.
Other safe bets are Roncal, Sierra de Ujué, Foz de Lumbier waves hermitages of Valdizarbe and Artajona.
What is the origin of the Perseids
The Origin of the Perseids o The tears of San Lorenzo are found in the meteors of the comet Swift-Tuttle.
Discovered in 1862Every year the comet debris come into contact with the Earth’s atmosphere and disintegrate, emitting a flash of light that we identify as shooting Stars.
The bone meteors of the comet enter the atmosphere at high speedscan exceed 50 kilometers per second and reaching an activity rate of 200 meteors per hour.
Five tips for seeing the Perseid meteor shower
now that you know when and where to watch the perseid meteor showerhere we leave you some tips this will help you see them better:
- Plan and choose the right night. The night of August 12-13 will be the best night to see the meteor shower, so don’t hesitate.
- Check the weather and the moon. Unfortunately, this year the day of maximum splendor coincides with the full moon, so it will be a bad year to see the Perseids.
- choose a good place. The key is places that have no light pollution, away from urban centers and without obstacles.
- To be patient. Don’t expect to arrive and see shooting stars already. You will have to be patient, get comfortable and wait.
- Antelacion. It is recommended to get to the chosen place to see the stars in time. This way you will get your eyes used to the dark.
Finally, you won’t need any special equipment to see the Perseid meteor shower.
Con turn your eyes to the sky dark, that will be more than enough. And you, will they miss you?