Players will be able to experience innovations in attack, defense, badges, archetypes, domains, and artificial intelligence.
2K today unveiled the Gameplay News Coming to NBA 2K23such as new skill moves, animations, and player archetypes that provide a more authentic and hyper-realistic experience.
“We consider community feedback when deciding how to bring each version of NBA 2K to life, and this year’s gameplay enhancements reflect many of the changes requested by our players,” said Mike Wang, Director of NBA 2K. . “From giving more tools to attack the basket, to a more realistic defense and a new tiered badge system, all of the features we’ve brought to the game this year will create a more authentic experience than any players will enjoy.”
NBA 2K23 presents a variety of gameplay innovations to increase competitive intensity in all facets, including:
- Amount: the main change this year is the addition of shooting attributes, which give each shooting mechanic unique stats that help determine its effectiveness. There are also five new shot counters to choose from, with another 15 unlocking across seasons over the next year.
- Pro Stick improvements: Move combos have been added to the Pro Stick, introducing new scoring and dribbling options. Dunks have also received new controls, ensuring players can slam exactly the way they want;
- Technical movements and adrenaline rushes: New move combos give players even more ball handling and scoring options for their attacking arsenal. Additionally, to prevent excessive dribbling, adrenaline rushes have been introduced, three bonuses that are consumed each time a player makes an explosive start. Once all three drives are exhausted with each possession, players will notice their speed and acceleration drop significantly for the rest of the game;
- Defend : Defensive play includes major updates aimed at creating more realistic defending, blocking and stealing on the ball. This year, blocks have been adjusted to be more realistic, producing more logical results, with good players stopping their opponents when they time their block attempts well. There’s also a marked improvement in ball safety for good matadors, and more.
- Badge: new tiered badge system for PlayStation 5 (PS5) and Xbox Series X|S players where there will be 16 badges per attribute category: eight at Tier 1, four at Tier 2 and four at Tier 3, with the idea that players must equip a certain number of badges at lower levels before they can equip badges at higher levels;
- Areas: Although the primary and secondary domains remain the same, the team domain has been redesigned. It now operates as a cooperative team system, with all members sharing a single counter. The new design makes a lot more sense and better represents what it means to be good as a team and take control of the game as a unit;
- Artificial intelligence: PS5 and Xbox Series X gamers | S will notice an improvement in ball handling, pick and roll execution, defensive tendencies and AI practice decisions.
the launch of NBA 2K23 is scheduled for September 9 for PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC platforms.