2K revealed the latest gameplay improvements coming soon NBA 2K23with new skill moves, animations and player builds that provide a more authentic and hyper-real experience.
“We value community feedback when deciding how to bring each version of NBA 2K to life, and this year’s gameplay improvements reflect many of the changes our community has been asking for the most.said Mike Wang, game director at Visual Concepts. “From focusing on how players can attack the basket, to more realistic defending on the ball, and a new tiered badge system, all of the features we’ve brought to the game this year will create a more authentic gaming experience that all players will enjoy. everybody.”
NBA 2K23 introduces a variety of new gameplay innovations to elevate the intensity of competition in all facets, including:
- Amount: The main change this year is the addition of shooting attributes, which give each signature jump their own unique stats that help determine their effectiveness. There are also five new shot counters to choose from, with 15 more to unlock through the seasons over the next year.
- Pro Stick improvements: New emote combos have been added to the Pro Stick, introducing many new shooting and ball handling weapons for gamemasters. Dunking has also received new commands, ensuring players kill exactly the way they want without accidentally trigger an unexpected ability.
- Skill moves and adrenaline boosts: New emote combos give players even more ball handling and shooting options for their attacking arsenal. In addition, a new function to avoid the soberdribble is the concept of Adrenaline Boosts. Boosts are consumed each time a player performs a hard throw or explosive sprint, and once all three boosts are activated, players will notice their speed and acceleration drop significantly for the remainder of possession.
- Defend : Defensive gameplay includes major updates aimed at creating more realistic on-ball defense and shot blocking, as well as stealing and shooting. This year, blocks have been adjusted to a more realistic level, leading to more predictable results, with good players making the proper saves when they time their block attempts well. There is also a marked improvement in ball safety for good shooters and much more.
- Badge: Introducing a new tiered badge system for PlayStation 5 and Xbox Series X|S players, there will be 16 badges per attribute category: eight at Tier 1, four at Tier 2, and four at Tier 3, with the basic idea that players must equip a certain number of badges at lower levels before they can equip badges at higher levels.
- Purchases: While primary and secondary Takeovers remain the same as in previous games, Team Takeover has been revamped. Team Takeover works as a cooperative team system where the whole team shares a single counter. The new design makes a lot more sense and better represents what it means to be hot as a team and take control of the game as a unit.
- AI gameplay: PS5 and Xbox Series X gamers | S will notice an improvement in ball handling, pick and roll execution, defensive tendencies and AI practice decisions.
NBA 2K23 is scheduled for September 9 on PlayStation 5 and PlayStation 4, Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC.