Did you know you can change the color associated with any of the iCloud calendars?
In order to be able to organize yourself better, if you use the native iOS, iPadOS or macOS Calendar app, the most common thing is that have several different calendars. This way, the events you have in each of your calendars can be hidden or shown as you wish, and it is very easy to classify everything by color depending on the type of activity.
When you create a new calendar or use one of the default ones that come with iCloud, it automatically gets a new color that hasn’t been used so far. However, the truth is that if you actually use this function, you can be interesting to change the color associated with each calendar and choose a new one manually. This way, you can much better filter all your activities if you want.
So you can change the color of a calendar on iPhone, iPad or Mac step by step
As we mentioned, the colors of the calendars help to identify, quickly and easily, to which section it belongs each calendar event. Normally, the background on which the title appears in the official application is the same color as the calendar, that’s why it must be changed.
If you change the color of a certain calendar, all assigned events will change color with it, and they on all devices on which you have chosen to sign in with the same Apple ID, because calendars are stored in iCloud. However, the steps to change the color of a calendar vary slightly depending on whether you’re doing it on an iPhone or iPad with iOS or iPadOS, or whether you decide to do it with a Mac with macOS instead.
How to Change the Color of a Calendar from an iPhone or iPad
missing change the color of a calendar from iOS or iPadOSyou just have to follow these steps:
- Open the Calendar app.
- At the bottom, select the “Calendars” option. All available calendars will be displayed with their corresponding colors.
- Click the “i” button that appears next to the name of the calendar you want to make changes to.
- Select the color option.
- Choose one of the colors that appear in the list. If you don’t like any of them, select the “Customize…” option and choose another one from the color palette.
- Upon return, the color of the calendar will have changed correctly.
How to Change the Color of a Calendar on Mac
In the case of computer with macOS, the process of changing the color of the calendar varies slightly, but shouldn’t give you too much trouble. You just have to Follow these steps:
- On your Mac, open the Calendar app.
- Click the calendar icon in the top left to view the full list of calendars.
- Right-click the calendar whose color you want to change.
- Choose one of the colors that appear in the context menu. If none of them convince you, click on the “Custom color…” option and manually select the desired color.
- By clicking outside the context menu, the color of the calendar will have been changed correctly.
In this way, if change the color of each of your calendars on iOS, iPadOS or macOS You can have your entire agenda much more organized. Since all events will appear with the same color, you will have no problem recognizing where each of them came from.