The science has spoken: here are the 7 sports and 10 exercises that trigger sexual performance
The primary goal of thousands of athletes that fill gyms daily is usually to lose weight and gain muscle but physical exercise has many more benefits and some of them directly affect the quality of our sexual relationshipsas the universities of Harvard or Arkansas have shown.
This scientific research supports that exercise improves cardiovascular healthThis aspect is essential during sexual intercourse. Sex requires dilation of blood vessels to ensure blood circulation to certain erogenous zones. For this reason, sports will improve erectionsboth in the case of Men’s since the women (clitoral erection). The second reason why the physical exercise improves our sexual relations has to do with metabolic factors. Physical activity controls insulin levels, avoiding metabolic disorders that could affect the sexual arousal phase. Thus, sport facilitates and improves the quality of arousal.
A study published by the University of Quebec (Canada) also assures that women can burn up to 90 calories in half an hour of sex. They consume more, it is estimated that up to 120 are the calories a man can lose in the same amount of time. At a moderate pace, women burn about 3 calories per minute and men 4. Experts maintain that there is a reciprocal effect between physical and sexual activity. The higher your athletic level, the better your performance will be in your sex life. In fact, a sedentary lifestyle is, in many cases, the cause of erectile dysfunction in men.
The benefits of sport in sexual relations seem clear but Not all athletic modalities are equally effective.
These are, according to science, the 7 sports that trigger sexual performance:
Harvard University has conducted research showing that doing 30 minutes of daily aerobic exercise, such as running, reduces the risk of men suffering from erectile dysfunction by 50%.
2. Basketball and volleyball: ideal for women
Regular practice of these sports helps increase blood flow to the clitoris, which improves female sexual function.
Practicing this sport three times a week, for 30 minutes a day, is enough to increase the sexual stamina of all peopleaccording to a study by Harvard University which surveyed 160 swimmers, men and women between the ages of 40 and 60.
The study showed a positive relationship between swimming and the frequency of intercourse, since the results indicated that swimmers in their 60s had comparable sex lives to those in their 40s.
Sports that are practiced outdoors Soccer promote sexual activity, since the sun stimulates the production of vitamin D, essential to generate more testosteronehormone that increases libido, essential for sex life of men and women.
The raising of dumbbells causes the body to produce testosteroneon top of that, it will help you achieve greater muscle tone and strength that will allow you to achieve and maintain various sexual positions.
A study conducted at the Loyola University Health System (USA) showed that yoga, when practiced as a couple, promotes sexual relations, since manages to build confidence and relaxation.
Mutual trust, tranquility, serenity at the moment of intimacy They are essential in a consolidated relationship.
7. Spinning, elliptical and aerobics
The aerobic activity decreases vascular risk factors (cholesterol, triglycerides, blood sugar, cortisol) which can cause the arteries to close and cause problems with lubrication, erection and orgasm.
But beyond a specific sport there are certain exercise routines that significantly improve our sex life, according to different scientific surveys
The exercise routine that will make you successful in bed
Among men, the exercise is associated with increased levels of testosterone (hormone related to sex drive), which can stimulate interest and behavior eroticthey affirm Tina M. Penhollow there Michael Youngresearchers from University of Arkansas.
The researchers add that because the exercise Regular increases men’s physical fitness and makes them look attractive, full of energy and feel better about their appearance; In addition, they are more likely to experience greater sexual satisfaction.
According to the findings of this research, here are the 10 exercises for success in bed:
1. Hip Raise. Michael Clark, Director of the National Academy of Sports Medicineindicates that with this type of exercise the muscles of the pelvis, lower back and buttocks are strengthened. This favors orgasmic contractions.
2. Walk. To raise the sex drive It is suggested to walk 30 minutes a day, at least five days a week. With this activity you not only increase your physical resistance, but it also promotes blood circulation, necessary to maintain the erectionaccording to information from National Institutes of Health the United States.
3. Squats. The Coach Jennifer Nicole Lee explains that regularly doing 15 repetitions of 4 sets strengthens the glutes and hips. This promotes resistance and strength when penetration.
4. Lotto flower. With this position you work the pelvis and groin, which promotes orgasmic contractions. With your legs, perform rapid movements up and down for 30 seconds.
5. Lizards. They are effective in increasing full-body strength, giving you greater stamina to prolong your encounters. sexual. The Coach Jessica Bootsch recommends doing three sets of 15 reps.
6. Crunches. It allows the muscles to strengthen. Provides stability and resistance in the central area of the body. This allows the implementation of various sexual positions by the force exerted during penetration, indicates Rich Weil, trainer at the Center for Obesity Research At New York.
7. Tricep extension. Lily claims that by doing this, you strengthen your arms, so you will have the condition to support the weight of your partner during sex sessions. Do three sets of 15 repetitions at least three times a week.
8. Cobra, butterfly and celibacy. A study published in The Journal of Sexual Medicine confirms that the yoga not only effective in treating premature ejaculationalso increases the sexual satisfaction. These three postures are the most indicated. Its effectiveness is explained because this technique stimulates breathing, balance and control of the body. In addition, it increases blood flow and reduces stress.
9. Deadlift. With this activity you increase the work and flexibility of the back, managing to improve posture and body stability. Johnnie Jackson of the International Bodybuilding Federation suggests regular training of three sets of 12 reps each.
10. Swim 30 minutes. Agree with Penhollow and Young, it is an effective training because it gives elasticity to the joints, increases confidence and security. To increase vigor sexualThe ideal is to swim 30 minutes three days a week.