How do you remember, the version of Android-Auto It can no longer be used on smartphones, not even for devices with Android version 12, it is only available on car touch screens, but some vehicles are not compatible with this application developed by Google. For this reason, the new Google Assistant driving mode has been created, would you like to know how to test it? From Depor we will explain it below.
Why Google Did This Android-Auto stop being compatible with mobile devices, was that bad? many users think so because there is a large group of drivers who have used Android Auto on their phone screen because their car screen was not compatible with the aforementioned app.
In order not to leave drivers without options, a new driving mode has been added in the Google Assistant and Google Maps, you just need to Android 9.0 or higher versions and a 4 GB RAM memory. The objective of this mode is that you are not distracted while driving, you will do everything via voice commands, for example: you will ask it to guide you to a certain location, send text messages, answer calls, etc.
HOW TO USE THE GOOGLE ASSISTANT DRIVING MODE
- Before using it, you must first activate it. be sure that Google Maps have no pending updates.
- Open the Google map and click on your profile picture which is in the upper right corner.
- Go to “Settings” or “Configurations”, you locate it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Then tap on the option called “Browsing settings” > “Google Assistant settings”.
- In this part, you have to configure how you want the driving mode to start: “When you move on Google Maps”, when you start navigation with Google Maps, the aforementioned mode will be activated automatically; “By connecting to Bluetooth, the mode will also launch automatically when you pair your mobile to the car’s Bluetooth, another option is for Android to ask you before starting.
- There is an additional method, just repeat out loud”Hey Google, let’s drive“oh”Hey Google, I want to go to (destination)”.
It is important to specify that the driving mode is only available in a few countries such as: Germany, Australia, Canada, Spain, United States, France, India, Italy, Mexico or the United Kingdom, possibly reaching other countries in the world. in future updates.
HOW TO ACTIVATE GOOGLE ASSISTANT ON YOUR CELL PHONE
- Open the app from Google (not Google Chrome).
- Tap your profile picture icon in the top right.
- A mini-window with various functions will appear, please click “Settings” > “Google Assistant”.
- Scroll down and tap “Hey Google and Voice Match”.
- Finally, turn on the switch labeled “Hey Google”. This will force you to summon Google Assistant whenever you hear the “Ok Google” voice command.