The electricity price Oh Saturday, July 16, 2022, will go down for the third day in a row. Specifically, the cost of the royalty will be in the 298.25 euros per megawatt hour. A marked price for all Spanish customers with a regulated tariff linked to the wholesale market, according to provisional data from the operator of the Iberian Energy Market (OMIE). In other words, these will be the electricity prices that customers will have to pay with tarifa regulated PVPC.
assume a slight decrease of 0.69%according to MIE data, but with a feat that we hadn’t achieved all week: finally lowered the barrier of 300 euros. It is recalled that this price is the result of adding the average auction price on the wholesale market to the compensation that demand will pay to combined cycle power plants for the application of the ‘Iberian exception’a measure aimed at capping the price of gas for the production of electricity.
During the auction, the ‘bowl’, as the average price of electricity on the wholesale market is called, will stand this Saturday at 136.83 euros/MWh, or about 14.97 euros less than today, Friday. In addition to the “pool”, there is the compensation of 161.42 euros/MWh for the gas companies, the cost of which must be borne by the consumers of the regulated tariff (PVPC), who are the beneficiaries of this measure.
When is electricity cheaper today?
The lowest price of light will take place between 11 a.m. and 12 p.m.at the price of €120.69 the megawatt hour. In this way, it will be easy to enjoy the cheapest time. This time range is in the valley part, the most recommended for greater energy consumption, if necessary.
On the contrary, the maximum price of electricity will take place between 9:00 p.m. and 11:00 p.m.paying at the cost of €176.16/MWh. In this time slot, you have to be careful, because during these two hours in a row the light will be more “prohibitive”. During this period, it is advisable to make minimal use of electricity, adapting actions such as turning on the washing machine or dishwasher to other sections.
Ridge and valley sections
- Hour cheaper (valley section): from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m., at the price of 120.69 euros/MWh.
- Hour more expensive (peak section): from 9 p.m. to 11 p.m., at a price of 176.16 euros/MWh.
Electricity price hour by hour
It is important to know at what time electricity is the cheapest. It is a maxim which obliges to consult hourly price of electricity, becoming a habit rigorously followed in all Spanish homes. Knowing the cost of electricity is almost a requirement to save on the electricity bill, concentrating energy expenditure at certain times the bank account lowers the minimum.
- 0.00 to 1.00: €175.65/MWh
- 1.00 to 2.00: €161.00/MWh
- 2.00 to 3.00: €150.00/MWh
- 3.00 to 4.00: €130.05/MWh
- 4.00 to 5.00: €136.85/MWh
- 5.00 to 6.00: 137.00 euros/MWh
- 6 a.m. to 7 a.m.: €130.05/MWh
- 7 a.m. to 8 a.m.: €123.45/MWh
- 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.: 122.78 euros/MWh
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: €122.32/MWh
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: €122.02/MWh
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: €120.69/MWh
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: €121.69/MWh
- 1 p.m. to 2 p.m.: €122.32/MWh
- 2 p.m. to 3 p.m.: 122.14 euros/MWh
- 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: €122.02/MWh
- 4 p.m. to 5 p.m.: €120.84/MWh
- 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.: €120.94/MWh
- 6 p.m. to 7 p.m.: €122.02/MWh
- 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.: €122.78/MWh
- 8 p.m. to 9 p.m.: €164.32/MWh
- 9 p.m. to 10 p.m.: €176.16/MWh
- 10 p.m. to 11 p.m.: 176.16 euros/MWh
- 11 p.m. to midnight: 160.74 euros/MWh